Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Don't smile if you don't feel like it.

Last week saw me out of Brisbane again when I photographed more people for a book on farmers.

These three farm kids were a real pleasure. Actually I think all kids are terrific. They have no fear of the camera like many of their parents and usually take instruction better than many of their parents.

One of the misconceptions about portrait photography is that everyone has to smile. In most cases this tends to destroy the true shape of the face and can even tend to cheapen the portrait. In the portraits below (which were photographed out beside the woodheap) a huge smile would destroy the beautiful calmness we see in their faces.

These have a more timeless quality about them.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

All the photography works you have done well. I think your works make me inspired to start my photography work. Thanks